Interview with professional vocal coach Cari Cole from NYC (USA)
[ Vocal Health | Psychology | Speaking | Singing | Broadcasting ]
I’m joined by the amazing Cari Cole from Cari Cole Voice and Music Co. and we’re talking the voice! Not the show, but the actual human voice! The tool that the majority of use, misuse and abuse on a daily basis.
Cari shares her methods for preparing and taking care for the voice – plus Cari pulls off a LIVE VOCAL RESCUE!!! ON ME!!! Yes my voice was shot to pieces at the start of our chat, and after a few simple tricks from Cari went straight from totally destroyed to only slightly wrecked! So please listen to whole interview as Cari gives away masses of great information that you can use in your own life. If you’re a Broadcaster, Speaker, Professional or Coach – or even just a job interview candidate looking for the edge – having a strong and reliable voice can only help! and Cari tips are priceless.
“As creative people are more aware of their internal world; it’s important to start there when helping them become more confident and face-their-fears.”
~ Inspired by Cari Cole
What Cari and I talk about:
- My voice is destroyed and I explain why [0.00 > 1.00 min]
- Cari gives us a quick overview of her background (professional vocal coach for celebrities, emerging vocal talents and actors) [2 mins]
- Cari shares some other industries that her company is opening up to (entrepreneurs, speakers, Podcasters and professional voice artists) [4 mins 30 secs]
- The psychology of the voice [7 mins]
- Cari shares one helpful tip that RESCUED MY VOICE Live on the call! [8 mins]
- Cari shares her thoughts on some common vocal warm-up techniques and her thoughts on hydration and preparation [10 mins 50secs]
- We discuss the Fear-Of-Failure; and how Cari helps creative people better use and care for their voices [27 mins]
How I discovered Cari:
- I heard several mentions of Cari around the same time that I discovered Bob Baker’s work (2010)
- I followed Cari’s Twitter – where she shares great vocal advice and product recommendations (2011)
- Cari was a guest on the Music Biz Weekly Podcast and I thought WOW her advice could translate into many more industries than just music (2012)
- After several months of vocal issues when recording episodes of my first Podcast (DIY Music Movement); I put Cari’s advice about ‘getting a massage’ into practice, and it really worked!
- After starting Braver By The Day and knowing that I wanted to help people be more confident in their interactions with the world; that I would need to cover the human voice. Which I know from years in bands and now several years listening to, and producing Podcasts, is something that A LOT of people fear – they fear the sound of their own voice!
If you wanted support the show please feel free to click here to see my reading list; or grab a great audio book from Audible below!
Thanks in advance if you do! 🙂